More regulations are to follow, but here is a link to the FAQ from the Department of Labor.
- In effect on April 1 – Not April 2 as originally calculated;
- Applies to employers with less than 500 employees – Integrated Employer Test used just like traditional FMLA;
- There is an exemption for those with less than 50 employees that can’t afford it and can justify it (still no details on this);
- Discusses how to calculate benefits for part-time workers and how overtime is considered;
- Paid sick leave is capped at 80 hours period – it doesn’t start over for separate incidents; and
- Paid FMLA only applies to COVID-19 reasons.