Construction Impact – March 29 Dallas County Order
Yesterday Judge Jenkins entered a revised stay at home order – March 29 Dallas County Order – that impacts the way construction companies in Dallas County do business. Some highlights:
- If a worker has a temperature above 99.6 degrees they have to stay at home;
- Employer must check worker’s temperature;
- Shift work mandatory – basically split crews by 50%;
- No gatherings during breaks/meals;
- Requirements for hand washing, soap and hand sanitizer, and 1 toilet for every 15 workers;
- No retaliation against an employee who self-quarantines or is advised to self-quarantine; and
- Each site must designate a COVID-19 safety monitor.
A violation of the order is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $1,000 or jail time no to exceed 180 days.
This version of the order expires on April 3.
We will continue to track this. As this pandemic continues expect further refinement of the order for specific businesses. Austin currently has an order in place that prevents most construction.